Come and learn how to bake real bread in a small, personalised friendly class. You will have fun baking and shaping a variety of loaves and get to take them all home with you, Tea, coffee, home baked treats, bread tastings and recipes are all included. Great for families, as a gift, or just for yourself. Bespoke classes can be arranged on a date and time that suits.
This one-day bread course offers you the opportunity to improve your bread making skills and learn techniques to make the very best bakes. Whether you have tried bread making at home and the results have disappointed, or you are yet to have the confidence to bake your own bread, this course has something for you. We will show you some classic techniques aimed at adding sophistication to your bread making skills and a selection of bakes with which to impress your friends and family.
You can develop your artisan bread making skills and learn how to create exciting bread for day to day living. Whether you are a beginner looking to build confidence and skills or an old hand with bread we can challenge your skills and help you improve. You will knead, pummel and stretch your way to the perfect loaf. We will introduce you to a range of flours and you will learn about using fresh and dried yeast to make a variety of doughs for different types of bread. Once you have learned these basic doughs you can experiment at home with different shapes and adding extra flavours to them.
The classes take place in our stunning kitchen with breathtaking views of The Wyre Forest. We always encourage a hands on approach within the classes and all ingredients and equipment will be provided.
You Will Learn To Make
* A basic white loaf
* Rustic white rolls
* Soda Bread
* A beautiful Italian Focaccia
* Granary bread and rolls
Overview of the day
* Learn how to bake beautiful bread and learn how easy it can be
* Expert teaching and advice, using standard home kitchen equipment
* Leave with the knowledge and understanding to make the delicious recipes at home
* Introduction to the process of making bread
* Mixing and kneading techniques
* Understand the proofing process
* Understanding the effect of different ingredients in bread
* Baking techniques and temperatures
* Varieties within base bread doughs
* Different shaping techniques and styles
* Kitchen Fairies provided so no washing up!
Session Starts at 11am until 3pm. 17th of August 2019.
Price £55 per person all inclusive.